There’s something about very feminine dressing that makes me feel really confident. I’m so much more comfortable in dresses than in pants; in bright, pastel colors than in blacks and greys; and in floral prints than in stripes. This outfit combines a little of all of that, and then some.
TOO COLD today for outdoor photos, so I had to stay inside and take a few quick photos before I headed out into the subzero temps. Winter this year has been a little moody, guys. Can’t make up its mind. This outfit is made up of stuff I forgot I had. I always try to be frugal and stay away from shopping for as long as I can hold out, so the most fun thing for me is to turn my drawers inside out and find new and exciting ways to wear things that are old and feel boring to me.
I love this faded orange skirt with this blush pink skirt—perfect for a lighweight (very cold) winter outfit! Love these romantic bell sleeves, with a little lace for good measure. Hope you like.
Today I’m really excited to bring you something that may just be a game changer: This review of Irresistible Me’s Diamond Hair Styler. As you may know, I don’t straighten my hair flat very often (the last time I can remember is October, for my Kendall Jenner Halloween look, and before that? Drawing a blank) but I do style my hair once in a while with “flat-iron curls”—straightening the root of my hair and then flipping the iron to make a curl on the ends.
Sadly, the flat iron I was using since 2006 recently broke in London because of the power conversion (RIP, old friend) so when Irresistible Me offered to present me with one of their irons for review I was like, “yes, please!” Here’s what I thought.
“Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing.” – Kenneth Brahame
Ever read The Wind in the Willows? This ~fashion~ post has nothing to do with the book, except that it’s soon to be spring. 😉 I felt the vibes here, even though there’s so, so much snow in the background. Ah well. It’s pretty.
boots and kimono from Forever 21, snake lariat necklace from Nordstrom (Kendall & Kylie) dress from Boohoo.com
Hello all, today I’d like to share with you a couple of articles I wrote for
Feedmink.com, a fashion, beauty, and pop culture website emphasizing positive body image. Feedmink calls itself “The Curvy Community” and make it their mission to celebrate women of all shapes and sizes. I wrote one fashion article and one literature/pop culture-focused one. Check them out at the links below and definitely browse the site!
Have a great day!
Here are my picks for excellent blogging and truly creative content:
I picked a mix of bookish blogs and fashion blogs, as well as a couple travel/lifestyle ones. These terrific blogs are run by some people whose work I have come to admire. We’ve shared ideas and I’ve been inspired by them! So, here are is your award and the questions I ask you:
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
2. Which historical figure would you have lunch with and why?
3. What item could you never live without?
4. What color is your favorite pair of shoes?
5. What do you see in your blog’s future?
6. What book could you read over and over?
7. What’s your favorite season and why?
8. Righty or lefty?
9. Favorite place you’ve visited?
10. Coffee or tea?
11. Rain or snow?
The guidelines for this award is that to accept it, you should answer the 11 questions, post 11 random facts about yourself, and most importantly, single out 5-11 blogs with fewer than 300 followers to award, and ask them questions. This is a great way to reward great blogging, give your fellow bloggers some love, and hopefully an influx of new followers who will love their blog as much as you do!
I am happy to share that Ajah Wallace over at Le Non Cote has nominated me for a Liebster Award. This is my first blogging award and it’s such a pleasure to know that others read and appreciate what I post here. It’s a tiny corner of the Internet but it feels sacred to me! So, per the rules of this little community tradition, I must share 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions, and nominate 11 others and ask them questions. Let the games begin!
Facts about myself:
- I was the first person to wear glasses in my school. I was 6 years old and I felt really mature for needing glasses. Everyone made a fuss.
- I hate cracking the spines of books and will read really big books by just peering through a six-inch gap. Les Miserables is coming along nicely this way 🙂
- I cannot do simple addition/subtraction without a few seconds’ concentrated effort but I really enjoyed my high school calculus class.
- My parents are both Italian immigrants and a lot of my family is still in Italy. I’m half Barese and half Sicilian, but I still can’t tan in summer.
- I cannot speak Italian as well as I want to. It’s so hard to get going when you’re afraid to make a mistake!
- I have an occasional stutter that made giving presentations in college a lot more interesting.
- My toes are double jointed.
- My favorite band is Muse, but they’ve been disappointing me for years.
- I’m a part-time waitress at my family-owned restaurant that has been in business for almost 40 years. Yes, I can make you a decaf cappuccino with amaretto, like a boss.
- I spontaneously get “Sleepyhead” by Passion Pit stuck in my head all the time.
- I’m a sucker for a good love story but I hate romantic comedies.
The questions asked me by Ajah:
1. What made you want to start a blog? I have always wanted to have a fashion blog but I started this one with literature because I really love to discuss books and ideas. After graduating college and not having a job right away, I started a blog initially to share literary thoughts with others. Over time, I incorporated my other interests and now I love what I have created.
2. Favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie. If I have a pint in the house, I invariably hide it from my family.
3. What is your guilty pleasure? Oooh, hmm. I’m addicted to Chopped, but I’m not even remotely guilty about that. I also think that guilty pleasures are silly. If you like something, don’t feel bad about it!
4. What is your favorite fashion season and why? Spring! I love the mix of styles and trends you can get away with in spring. Florals and pastels are in, but it’s still cool enough to wear tights. I love it.
5. Top 3 items you cannot do without? A notebook, a good sharp ballpoint pen, and a hair clip.
6. Who is your fashion icon? This is a toughy. I don’t necessarily share her style but I’d have to say Zooey Deschanel. She makes her own trends and always looks fabulous.
7. Coke or Pepsi? I hate soda!
8. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to visit? India and Iceland. London is also my favorite city after New York.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Living in an apartment somewhere in New York with lots of books and a cat. And a fridge full of beer.
10. Biggest Pet Peeve? When people put double spaces in between their sentences. It’s wrong, people. It’s just wrong.
11. What advice can you give to new bloggers? Write and post about what you love, and don’t be afraid to meet new people!
Just a quick post to let you all know I’ve updated this blog to a new domain, themosthappy.me. I’ve only been blogging for a short while, but I’m grateful for the opportunity to share what makes me happy. So thank you for following, liking, commenting, and please keep coming back! I hope what makes me happy makes you happy too.