This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SchwarzkopfGliss #blissofGliss #CollectiveBias
Post-holiday season, my hair is always a mess. I try not to heat-style my hair too much at all, since it seriously dries out my naturally wavy 2B hair and makes it flat and frizzy and gross. But during the holiday season I’m constantly curling it for parties and events, and come January, my hair is lifeless. This year, I attempted to repair the damage by using a new haircare regimen: the Schwarzkopf GLISS® Hair Repair™ shampoo, conditioner, and mask.
I chose the Ultimate Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, as well as the conditioning mask. Apparently, these products won the Allure Best of Beauty Award for the best shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair. And it was for good reason. These rich, luxurious products transformed my dry, damaged, winter hair so quickly. It was amazing.
About the Product
Schwarzkopf GLISS® Hair Repair™ Ultimate Repair works so well because it uses patented keratin technology. It actually contains liquid keratin and utilized Nobel Prize-winning technology to decode human hair keratin. Seriously impressive. If you’re not aware, keratin is a protein our hair is made of. Keratin makes our hair strands strong and healthy, and when keratin breaks down, our hair gets damaged.
Ultimate Repair has the ability to repair damage up to 10 layers of your strands deep. 10 layers of a single strang! It’s also volumizing, hydrating, and has color protection. So with this product you don’t have to compromise the latter effects in order to get healthy hair. It’s a win-win.
I used this product regularly over the past few weeks and noticed the results in my hair: after just one application my wet hair felt smoother, and over the next few uses I noticed more shine, a smoother texture, and even the return of some of my natural wave. Amazing.
How to Get (and Keep) Healthy, Undamaged Hair
In case you didn’t know, here are some ways you can get—and keep—undamaged hair.
- Invest in a good-quality repair regimen, like the GLISS® Hair Repair™ Ultimate Repair system. I got my products from CVS in the shampoo aisle, and it was about $7 each. So, not even a huge investment. 🙂
- Keep your shower on the warm side, not hot, especially when you’re washing your hair. Overly hot water causes damage to your hair (and your skin) and leads to dryness and breakage.
- Don’t overbrush your hair: the friction can cause breakage and split ends.
- Wearing ponytails too often, or wearing hair elastics or clips too often, can break hair at the site, leading to flyaways and even a receding hairline at times. Change up your hairstyles and leave your hair loose or loosely tied to prevent damage, even while you’re sleeping.
- Invest in a silk pillowcase! Sounds crazy, but a silk pillowcase dramatically reduces the friction of your hair on the pillow, and as an added bonus, is supposed to be amazing for your skin as well.