Hi all! Today I have a review of a product you may have heard about: the Face Halo, which has been advertised heavily by my favorite Youtube vlogger, Chloe Morello (really the only one I watch regularly)! The Face Halo is a product that lets you remove your makeup without any products or face wipes—all you need is water. It’s a dual-sided, microfiber sphere that you dip in water and run over your face to remove all traces of makeup. WITH WATER.
Admittedly, like a lot of other people, I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but decided to try it after Chloe recorded a demonstration on her channel. She wears more makeup than I do, and EVERYTHING came off, and since it’s only $22 for a pack of 3, there was no reason not to try it out. I did, and now I am a believer. I bought these with my own hard-earned money, and here are my thoughts.
How to Use It:
- Run the Face Halo under water and lightly squeeze the excess water
- Rub it gently over your face and eyes to take off makeup, folding it to get into crevices like under your eyes or around your nose
- Use both sides: I use one side for face and the other for lipstick and eyes
- When you’re finished, wash the Face Halo with regular soap and water
- Wash the Face Halo with your laundry once a week
Note: One Face Halo can take up to 200 washes. With 3, that’s 600 weeks before you need to re-buy. At about $9 for a pack of 30 face wipes, this is a STEAL. Also, apparently face wipes don’t biodegrade easily, so even though these are synthetic, much fewer will end up in landfills than your face wipes. And Chloe mentioned that soon you’ll be able to send worn ones back to the company for recycling, so it’ll be fully sustainable. That’s a definite plus if you’re environmentally aware, or really, for anyone! We should all recycle.
So how does it really work? Here are the pros and cons:
Pros & Cons:
- Pro: It works very well. It’s much more quick and efficient than using a face wipe, and there aren’t any smears or streaks because the microfiber scoops up the product so well.
- Pro: It’s extremely cost-effective.
- Con: It’s a little difficult to wash afterward, and that does add a step to my nightly routine. However, it is worth it for me.
- Con: It does tend to leave me dry, and since I usually remove my makeup with cold cream and a wipe, now, instead of skipping the cold cream, I just wash my face with it afterward. Cold cream helps me maintain my skin’s oil balance and keeps me from breaking out, so I rely on it!
- Con: They could be a bit bigger, so more of your face’s surface area can be cleaned at once.
So that’s all! Overall, I’m so satisfied with this purchase, and happy that I literally never have to buy a $9 pack of face wipes ever again. Instead of throwing away my money (into a landfill), I can use these and be more environmentally-conscious and frugal. It’s not entirely perfect as a product, but it’s pretty damn close.