Hi all! Today I have another skincare review for you, as a supplement to my recently-updated skincare routine. Now that it’s summer, my skin needs way less maintenance, but keeping it hydrated is still my number-one way to get rid of breakouts and blackheads. Today’s review is of the When Masks, a range of bio-cellulose sheet masks available at Sephora.
For reference, this is my skin type:
Skin Type: Combination skin with dry spots and oily spots, especially in my T-zone; tendency to get blackheads; a touch of roseacea; hormonal breakouts
For this review, I received all five When Masks:
- “10:00 PM” Anti-Aging // Contains watermelon extract and collagen to protect skin and help improve skin conditions
- “Glamour Base” Primer //Contains adenosine, collagen and peptides to help improve skin elasticity
- “Snow Magic” Brightening // Contains niacinamide (vitamin B3) and aloe vera leaf extract for brighter, glowing skin
- “The Last Choice” Hydrating // Contains sodium hyaluronate and saccharide isomerate to help keep skin moisturized
- “Travel Mate” Rejuvenating // Contains chamomile flower water and Swiss Alpine herb extracts to gently hydrate and soothe skin
Could you believe that before these, I’d never tried a sheet mask before? Heads up, they make you look like a serial killer. Sending selfies to your boyfriend wearing one is also lots of fun. 🙂
I started first with the Travel Mate Rejuvenating Mask, since I was coming back from a trip to San Diego and was still sleep-deprived. You remove the back and front packaging from the sheet mask and place it on your face, lining up your eyes and mouth and nosie with the appropriate slits in the mask. Leave it on for 30 minutes. When you’re done, take it off and rub the remaining product into your skin (don’t rinse!). Then you’re done!
Immediately after using this mask for the first time, I looked and felt so dewy and glowy and healthy. My face looked plumped up, full of moisture. I also took care of some troublesome blackheads with an extractor, and it was a breeze, because my face was so hydrated. It also felt tingly, in a great way.
Since then, I’ve used all five, and I think my favorite two are the Travel Mate and The Last Choice, because they emphasize moisture, which is what my skin always needs to look good and be blemish-free. Still, since they all have hyaluronic acid, they’re all pretty moisturizing. I also think the longer you leave them on, the better your results may be.
For me, these masks may turn into a regular purchase, replacing my regular clay masks (which work, even if they tend to make me dry). Because these are hydrating rather than drying, I think they’ll be better for my face in the long term!
When Masks c/o the company via Brandbacker.