If you’ve been reading this blog for any period of time, you’ll know my love for Lana Del Rey. One day, I decided I really wanted these Lana Del Rey headphones, the ones she wears in the amazing music video for “Music To Watch Boys To,” and since I couldn’t find these Lana Del Rey headphones online, my ol’ reliable is to figure out how to make them. And find out I did.
First, I tried to find decent headphones with a structure that would allow a bit of hotgluing, and secondly, I went on a Google search for the right flowers. Once I had all of my supplies, it was time to get to work!
What you’ll need:
- white headphones (preference, I wanted a light color/effect)
- hot glue
- plumeria hair clips
- pink paint
- The first thing I did was cut off the hairclip part of the flowers with scissors, very carefully to avoid crushing the foam flower.
- Secondly, I mixed red and white acrylic paint to turn these yellow-tinged flowers into pink-tinged flowers. The original pair is blue/green/pink, but I wanted a much more neutral effect, and I like pink! Plus, you know, I’m not going to be starring in a trippy music video. 🙂
- I painted pink onto the flower’s yellow areas with a very thin brush, and then feathered the paint out onto the petals with a sponge.
- Next, I fired up my hot glue gun and laid each flower onto the side of the earphone by two petals. I held down the petal until I felt the glue dried completely, and was very careful flipping the whole thing over to do the other side. It is a delicate finished product.
- I tried them on. That’s all!
I love my Lana Del Rey headphones! Initially, thought about running a ribbon around the top of the headphones, but I decided I really liked the very simple white-and-pink effect, and anyway, I didn’t want anything too flashy—these are flashy enough!
Finished product/me and the original:
Yes, I know these are crazy! But then again, so am I a little bit. I think these are so fun, and I had a good time making them.
And since I know a lot of people may want these but may not want to make them themselves, I’m going to use the leftover plumeria flowers I have and make some for anyone who wants to buy! Here’s my Etsy page if you fit this description. 🙂
Hope you enjoyed my DIY! Let me know if you try this, and check out my other DIYs (mainly shoes!) while you’re here!