This one really means a lot. When I started this blog I just wrote about the books I’d read. It was straightforward reviews and iPhone photos, and that was only ten months ago. Then I started asking my family to take some outfit shots, and started experimenting with fashion blogging. And now, almost a year after I began this blog, I feel like it has morphed into something I could never have imagined. This feels like my home, this little corner of the Internet world. The Sisterhood of the World awards mean a lot to me because I have striven to make this blog accessible to women like me: women who like reading, learning and teaching, who love fashion and beauty, who are struggling with life choices and dating, et cetera. So thank you! Thank you for reading, commenting and following.
Questions from Bold Beautiful Belle:
1. Favorite book series? Always Harry Potter.
2. Favorite restaurant? The Bronx Alehouse!
3. Favorite poem? The Lady of Shalott, Tennyson
4. Favorite flower? Lily of the valley
5. Favorite Disney princess? Ariel or Megara
6. Favorite way to spend Saturday night? Going out to the crappy bars in my area with my friends and cousins.
7. Favorite way to exercise? Aaahhh, I don’t exercise as much as I should but I do like taking long walks.
8. Favorite accessory? Rings.
9. Favorite place in the world? This is so hard. Maybe Italy, maybe a cabin in Alaska, maybe a bookstore in Peekskill. Maybe my own bed 😉
10. Would you rather DIY or buy from a store? Depends on my mood. Sometimes I love to be creative and save money and make something, at others I would rather shell out half my savings to buy something ready made!
Questions from The North Star:
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Probably the ability to change my appearance at will, like Tonks in Harry Potter. It means I’ll never have to fiddle with a curling iron ever again! Makes life easier.
2. Who is your favourite Disney character and why? It’s a toss-up between Ariel, Megara, and Aladdin.
3. What is your favourite color? Red! I love its boldness.
4. Who is the person who has inspired you the most? JK Rowling and my father.
5. What is your favourite number? (Most people I know have never thought of an answer to this question) 716 is my lucky number.
6. When was the last time you did something really spontaneous? Oooh, that’s a bad one. Probably some drunken escapade.
7. Do you like roller coasters that go upside down? Naaaah.
8. What time of year do you like the most and why? Spring. I love the colors of the flowers and the smell of the air.
9. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? Italy, to see my family, or India.
10. What is/was your favourite subject at school and has/had this always been your favourite or did you love something new every year? I always loved English/Literature and obviously still do.
Here are my own nominations for this illustrious award:
And my questions:
1. What time period would you go to if you could time travel?
2. Do you watch TV or read at night?
3. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
4. What is your least favorite social media account?
5. Did your blogging dreams live up to reality?
6. What did you want to be when you were younger?
7. What’s the beauty item you could never live without?
8. Are you iPhone or Android?
9. What are you looking forward to most in the near future?
10. What is your drink of choice?